The following are some significant results that attorneys at McQUEEN DROSTE LLP have achieved:
- We obtained a $7 million settlement of a breach of fiduciary duty claim
- Our firm recently obtained a summary judgment ruling in federal court, defeating a $17 million counterclaim for fraud.
- We settled a federal case involving alleged trademark infringement and unfair competition, obtaining compensation for our client of approximately $25 million.
- Our attorneys settled a trademark matter in which the foreign defendant agreed to cease using the disputed trademark and ship $1 million of infringing product out of the United States.
- Our firm won a 16-day jury trial on behalf of a developer, obtaining significant damages and attorneys’ fees.
- Our attorneys defeated a $5 million trademark claim after a court trial in San Diego federal court.
- In a fraudulent inducement case involving the sale of a business in Orange County, we convinced the jury that our client should be relieved of an obligation to pay $2 million for the business, and also obtained compensatory damages of $765,000, plus our client’s attorneys’ fees.
- In a case in which the seller of an airport made fraudulent representations about how much income could be generated by the property, we obtained a jury verdict that relieved the buyer of the obligation of paying the remaining balance of the purchase price, plus compensatory damages of $1.25 million dollars.
- We obtained a $1.4 million settlement in a patent infringement case after prevailing before the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- We obtained a $1.1 million jury verdict against the City of Phoenix on a finding of arbitrary and capricious acts under the Federal Relocation Act in an eminent domain case.
- Our attorneys successfully obtained a writ from the California Court of Appeals reinstating a mechanic’s lien of $2.4 million.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment with one of our lawyers, contact James McQueen or Alan Droste at our Newport Beach, California, law office.
* Disclaimer: The results in these cases were dependent on the facts of each case, and results in any particular case will be dependent upon the specific facts of the case. This information should not be viewed as a guarantee that we can obtain a specific result for you.